The late Tepa Mostert

The late Tepa Mostert
With Birthday Flowers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Changes at Mostert's Mini Mansion on the Prairie

Lots of activity in and around the Illinois Mostert home in Champaign. New mattress came and has been broken in a couple of times..aaaah firm ... we can sleep again. The old mattress and box spring has been picked up and is now helping a friend's son sleep better. The heavy sofa bed in the cabana has been carted away by Salvation Army workers, along with lots of other things from our garage. Tepa has been out there moving things from here to there once again. New futon replacement for the sofa bed has come, the frame bolted together and this morning I hope to get the mattress out of its box and on the frame and all the cardboard boxes out front for Monday's garbage pick up.

I've got a doctor's appointment this afternoon to see if my planar fasciitis is doing any better. Still pains me in the heel when I get up from bed or from sitting for an extended period, but I can live with it. Does cause me to do less walking.

However, our Nutri-System regime is going well and the loss of some pounds over the next couple of months can't hurt I suspect. I don't know about Tepa, but I have been losing about a pound a day with the system. Food is not as bad as it was back in 1988/89 when Nutri-System helped me lose 80 pounds. I am hoping for a hundred pound loss this time. Who knows maybe there will be pictures down the line.

Should be in the pool soon, we finally are expecting some 80 degree days, although at noon today it is just 51.

No comments: