The late Tepa Mostert

The late Tepa Mostert
With Birthday Flowers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Swimming, Summer Time. I FEEL GOOD!

I feel terrific! Last Sunday I was able to sit through the entire three hour church block of meetings in our Champaign Ward. First time I have attended a church meeting in 7 months. Hooray!

The diarrhea which has kept me out of meetings has almost totally disappeared. It is wonderful not having to make a bathroom run every hour or even half hour as happened most of the 7 months I was receiving chemo-therapy. I am still weak, but that's to be expected when you lose one third of your body weight, including most muscles. I am down around 200 pounds for the first time in 20 years.

Went swimming this afternoon. really felt good in 80 degree weather. Looking to do that every week day weather permitting. It was been a wet and cold Spring so, although I got the pool ready early, I have only been swimming 4 or 5 times. Usually I try to go twice a day once it is warm enough. Great exercise. I usually try to swim 100 yards, different strokes, each time I am in the pool.

Tepa sat in the shade watching me swim. Tomorrow after her doctor's appointment we will try to get her in the water, if it is warm enough. I suspect it may not be. We'll see.

Had a wonderful talk with my sister today. She said it has been cool in Arizona, only in the 90s. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No comments: